1) If updating a stereo pair of delays, it is recommended to remove the stereo-linking cable before firmware update. Update each unit individually and then reconnect the stereo-linking cable.
2) Connect a MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT on your computer's MIDI interface to the MIDI IN on the 500 Series Analog Delay.
3) Send the file "S500_Delay_Erase_FW.syx" (included with this update). This command will erase the old firmware from the delay. While erasing, you will see the Level LED blinking yellow and then the TIME LED flash two times. When the erase process is complete, you should see all LEDs light solid yellow.
4) Send the file "500_delay_fw_v1_1_0.syx". This will load the new firmware. You should see the Level LED blinking red and green during the update process. When the update is complete, the Delay should reboot. If not, power cycle when complete. On first boot, you may see the LEDs flash the new firmware version number by having Time Flash once, LFO flash once, and MIDI flash 0 times indicating 1.1.0.
5) After a successful update, you should cycle the power off/on before using the Analog Delay to be sure it is in a fully valid state. If the update is NOT successful, you will see all three status LEDs (TIME, LFO, MIDI) lit solid green. If this happens, make sure your MIDI device drivers are up to date and your MIDI cable is good, and try again.
6) Optionally you may restore your unit to factory default settings by sending S500_Delay_Factory_Reset.syx (included with this update) to your unit. This returns all persistent control settings back to the factory default settings.