The Voyager's software is upgradeable by MIDI System Exclusive data. The software is available on this website and is available from the Voyager product page. Upgrading the software requires a computer, a MIDI interface, a MIDI cable, software that can open and send either a .mid standard MIDI file or a .syx System Exclusive file. In addition, the files on the website are zipped for speedy downloads. You will need to unzip them before sending them to the Voyager. The Voyager has a function in the MASTER mode menu called "RECEIVE UPDATE". Connect the MIDI out of the computer to the MIDI input of the Voyager, follow the prompts to enable the Voyager to receive the new software, then send the appropriate file from your computer's MIDI software. A bar graph on the Voyager's display will tell you the status of the upgrade.
Articles in this section
- Can the Voyager LFO's sync to MIDI clock?
- Can Filter Spacing or Resonance be modulated on the Minimoog Voyager and Minimoog Voyager XL?
- Does the Minimoog Voyager stay in tune?
- Is the Voyager polyphonic (plays more than one note at once) or multitimbral (plays more than one sound at a time)?
- Is the Voyager a real analog synth?
- How do I upgrade the Voyager's Software?
- Does Moog use wood from sustainable sources?
- Does the Minimoog Voyager sound like the Minimoog Model D?
- How to sync