Your Drummer From Another Mother can be removed from its case, and easily installed into a Eurorack system as a 60HP module. Before doing this, it is important to note that the DFAM draws a maximum of 230mA from a +12V supply. It does not use the -12V supply at all.
Make sure there is enough headroom on the +12V supply in your system to power the DFAM. You will need to know the current rating of the system’s +12VDC supply, and the current draw of the +12VDC supply from all modules in the system combined. The sum of all current draw at +12VDC should never exceed the power supply rating. Note that it is good practice to leave some headroom to reduce stress on the supply.
Moog accepts NO responsibility or liability for improperly installed modules.
To Install the DFAM in a Eurorack System:
1. Disconnect external power from the unit.
2. Remove the eight black M3 screws on the front panel and keep them somewhere safe.
3. Lift the panel slowly from the bottom so you can see the two cables going to the Front Panel module.
4. Disconnect the two cables from the front panel. Now the module is free from its enclosure.
5. Look at the back of your DFAM module. There is a 10-pin power header on the back of the PCB that accepts a 10-pin Eurorack power ribbon cable.
6. Connect PIN-1 (-12V) of the power ribbon cable to PIN-1 of the DFAM Eurorack power header. The darkened wire (typically red) on the ribbon cable indicates the PIN-1 (-12V) side of the cable.
7. After power is connected, your DFAM may be installed into the rails of the Eurorack system case with the eight black M3 screws.
8. Once fully installed, you may power up your Eurorack system.