WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Computer with Internet Access
- A USB-MIDI Cable or Recording Interface with MIDI I/O
- A program for sending MIDI SysEx files from your computer; free options include Sysex Librarian for OS X or Bome SendSX for Windows.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE
You will need a 5-pin (DIN) MIDI output device for your computer. Connect MIDI Out from the computer to MIDI In on the Mother-32. Use a program for sending MIDI sysex files from your computer; free options include Sysex Librarian for OS X or Bome’s SendSX for Windows.
- Connect your Mother-32 to your computer using a USB to MIDI cable or via your recording interface.
- Download the newest Mother-32 Firmware from https://www.moogmusic.com/products/mother-32
- Open the downloaded .zip file.
- Open the folder: “Mother-32_Firmware_vX.X.X”.
- Copy these files from the folder to your SysEx application’s library:
- Send Mother-32_ERASE_firmware.syx from your SysEx application to your Mother-32 via your USB MIDI interface. Look for the Tempo LED to flash green/red; this means unit is now in boot loader mode. The old firmware still needs to be erased.
- Send Mother-32_ERASE_firmware.syx a second time – you should see 2 slow red blinks from the Tempo LED, then it will flash green on/off. The old firmware is now erased and the unit is ready for new firmware.
- Send new main firmware (Mother-32_Firmware_vX_X_X.syx). Observe the MIDI LED flashing red and the Tempo LED flashing yellow during transfer.
- On completion, the Tempo LED will flash green 2-3 times and the unit will perform the normal boot-up light show sequence, indicating the update finished successfully.
If you have any questions or trouble with your update please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.